Okay, so here’s a random hodge podge (I said it) of thoughts I didn’t include in the SURFER story:
- I was literally standing a foot from Dan Malloy for a good twenty minutes before we caught each others’ attention. I said, “Hi.” He said, “Hi.” That was it. I panicked.
- Somehow, it was easier to approach Taylor Steele?? Maybe because this was a few hours later… anyway…
- There were a ridiculous number of models present who made 5’8″ me feel short.
- Motorcycle-riding girls who smelled of incense were strategically placed in theaters to add another dimension to the viewing experience. Or, maybe that was a lucky coincidence.
Also, I learned the following lessons…
- Lesson number one: It’s worth the $12 to just take a cab from Gramercy/Murray Hill/Kips Bay to TriBeCa, as opposed to taking the subway, which actually means walking an awful lot.
- Lesson number two: PBR, though satisfying, does not a meal make.
- Lesson number three: Not everyone knows what a RED camera is. I know that because during the Q&A, someone said, “What the fuck is a RED cam?!” Thanks, Dark Fall guys, for making me look it up months ago.
- Not a lesson, but an admission: I really want to see the photos that were taken last night. Here’s one of mine:
Oh wait, these are MUCH BETTER.