12 Things I Learned in 2012:
- I actually do like barrels.
- I actually don’t hate [carefully selected] hostels.
- Learning new languages really does get harder as you get older.
- Meteorologists are right every once in a while.
- Driving on the left side of the road isn’t that difficult–once you stop flicking on the wipers to signal right-hand turns.
- Sometimes, the greatest generosity comes from strangers.
- How to sleep on a plane. Kind of.
- You can cut muscle without cutting the skin over it.
- My faith in Parko isn’t misplaced.
- True family doesn’t always share your blood. It doesn’t always share your dreams or your beliefs. But it always respects them.
- I would, literally, traverse oceans for love. Still.
- Impulsive is, occasionally, the right way to be.
By The Numbers:
53,563: Miles flown.
3: New countries visited.
2: New countries surfed.
7: WCT events attended.
13: “Couches” surfed.
1: Books copy edited.
2: Gear reviews.
2: Professional ding repairs.
1: Boards sold.
1: Boards bought.
132: Days spend outside of the U.S..